Breast tissue naturally changes over time, leading to a loss of firmness and elasticity. This often results in sagging and can be an aesthetic concern for many. Our breast lifts in Denver, CO, can offer a solution to this issue. At Murphy Plastic Surgery, our approach to breast lifts focuses on enhancing your silhouette, offering a rejuvenated appearance while maintaining the natural feel of your breasts. This procedure can be performed either with or without implants, both of which can be beneficial in the right circumstances.
What Is a Breast Lift?
A breast lift, or mastopexy, is a procedure designed to elevate and reshape sagging breasts. This procedure repositions the breast tissue, nipple, and areola to a higher, more youthful position, enhancing the overall breast contour.
What Is the Difference Between a Breast Lift and a Breast Augmentation?
The primary distinction between a breast lift and breast augmentation is the objectives and outcomes of these procedures. A breast lift focuses on altering the position and shape of the breasts without increasing their size. Breast augmentation typically involves inserting implants to increase breast size and fullness. A breast lift with no implants is specifically aimed at rejuvenating the breast silhouette without enhancing its volume.
What Are the Benefits of Choosing a Breast Lift Without Implants?
Improved Breast Contour
Breast lift surgery is adept at refining the overall breast contour. By removing excess skin and reshaping the breast tissue, this procedure can help position the breasts in a way that gives them more youthful firmness and an improved shape.
Elevation of Sagging Breasts
A primary benefit of a breast lift is the elevation of sagging breasts. This procedure addresses the drooping of breast tissue, bringing it up to a more youthful height while helping the nipples to point out rather than down. This can dramatically enhance the overall appearance of the breasts, making them look firmer and more uplifted.
Faster Surgery and Shorter Recovery
Compared to procedures that involve implants, a breast lift usually involves a quicker surgery with a shorter recovery period. This makes it a good option for those seeking cosmetic surgery with less downtime.
Reduced Under-Breast Irritation
By lifting the breast tissue and removing excess skin, it reduces the skin-on-skin contact underneath the breasts. This can lead to a significant reduction in irritation and discomfort, especially in warmer climates or during physical activity.
Better Fitting Clothing
Following a breast lift, many find that their clothing fits better. The procedure can transform the way garments sit and feel on the body, which can result in increased comfort and confidence in a wider range of outfits.
Breast lift surgery is designed to be as minimally invasive as possible, resulting in minimal scarring. We use techniques that place incisions in less visible areas, allowing for discreet scarring that is typically well-concealed under clothing and swimwear.
A significant advantage of a breast lift is the durability of its results. While no cosmetic procedure can halt the aging process, the outcomes of a breast lift are long-lasting. With proper care and a stable body weight, the elevated and reshaped breast contour can be maintained for many years.
Surgical Techniques in Breast Lifts
- Crescent Lift: Involves a small incision running halfway around the top edge of the areola. This technique is often suitable for those with minimal sagging, allowing for a subtle lift.
- Peri-Areolar or “Donut” Lift: This method involves a circular incision around the areola. It’s typically used when there’s mild sagging, and it can also be combined with breast augmentation.
- Vertical or “Lollipop” Lift: This technique includes an incision around the areola and another in a straight vertical line that goes from the bottom of the areola to the crease under the breast, forming a lollipop shape. It’s effective for moderate sagging and provides more significant reshaping.
- Inverted T or “Anchor” Lift: This comprehensive approach involves an incision around the areola, vertically down to the breast crease, and horizontally in the crease of the lower breast. It’s suitable for extensive reshaping in cases of severe sagging, offering the most dramatic change in breast shape.
The Procedure Step by Step
The breast lift procedure begins with anesthesia to ensure comfort throughout the surgery. Incisions are made according to the chosen surgical technique. The breast tissue is then reshaped, and excess skin is removed to elevate the breasts. Finally, the incisions are closed, marking the end of the procedure.
Breast Lift Recovery
Recovery from a breast lift involves a period of rest and limited activity to allow for healing. Patients typically experience some swelling and discomfort, which can be managed with prescribed medication. Most are able to return to work and light activities within a week or two, but you should avoid strenuous activities such as lifting heavy objects for several weeks. Follow-up appointments are crucial to monitor healing.
What Are Your Breast Lift Options?
- Breast Reduction and Lift: This option combines reducing the breast size with lifting, ideal for those who experience physical discomfort due to larger breasts.
- Breast Lift With Implants: For those seeking both an elevation and an increase in breast size, this option adds implants during the lifting procedure.
- Mommy Makeover: A comprehensive approach that often includes a breast lift along with other procedures like tummy tucks or liposuction, a Mommy Makeover is designed to provide post-pregnancy body rejuvenation.
Explore Your Breast Lift Options With a Consultation in Denver, CO
At Murphy Plastic Surgery, we bring a unique blend of expertise, attention to detail, and a patient-centric approach to every Denver breast lift we perform. Recognized as among the best plastic surgeons in Denver, our commitment is to provide exceptional care and results that go beyond expectations. To explore how we can help you achieve your aesthetic goals, please contact us through our online form or call us at (303) 788-8400 for more information.